- Entries must be based on the work done by current HKUST full-time undergraduate students within one year of the date of application.
- Exchange students at HKUST are eligible to participate under the condition that the submitted entry is a “group entry” with at least one regular HKUST student being a collaborator of the project.
- Entries can be on application basis or nominated by faculty members or fellow students. In any case, each entry must be endorsed by the project supervisor(s) or faculty member(s).
Entries that are the following are considered NOT
- Collaborative work with postgraduate students / non-students / non-HKUST students
- Projects that have previously won any awards in international and/or national competitions
- Survey reports or academic papers that have previously been published in any journal, except for conference abstracts.
Students are welcome to submit entries of the following categories:
- Academic paper or survey report in any field - can be based on final year projects, case studies, and term papers
- Invention / Innovation / New software / Novel idea
- Students submit the application by 5 March 2021 (Friday).
- Selection committee members screen and evaluate the applications to select finalists.
- The selected finalists are required to participate in the Final Presentation.