- Entries must be based on the work done by current HKUST full-time undergraduate students within one year of the date of application.
- Exchange students at HKUST are eligible to participate under the condition that the submitted entry is a “group entry” with at least one regular HKUST student being a collaborator of the project.
- Entries can be on application basis or nominated by faculty members or fellow students. In any case, each entry must be endorsed by the project supervisor(s) or faculty member(s).
- Collaborative work with postgraduate students / non-students / non-HKUST students
- Projects that have previously won any awards in international and/or national competitions
- Survey reports or academic papers that have previously been published in any journal, except for conference abstracts.
Entry CategoriesStudents are welcome to submit entries of the following categories:
- Academic paper or survey report in any field - can be based on final year projects, case studies, and term papers
- Invention / Innovation / New software / Novel idea
Making an Entry
- An application form and a concept proposal can be submitted as
- An individual entry; or
- A group entry, where a group can consist of no more than six members.
- A concept proposal should be written in English and should not exceed 2 A4 pages (excluding the title page), it should include:
- A title page stating clearly the project title and personal details of the author(s) (i.e., full name, student ID, school, department, major, year of study, email and phone number);
- A digest of the proposed project (indicating the main ideas of the entry);
- Work plan and projected date of completion;
- Innovation Points;
- Form of deliverables / Expect Impacts;
- Appendices and references (if applicable); and
- Endorsement of the project supervisor(s) or faculty member(s).
Concept Proposal Template can be downloaded here.
ChecklistParticipants must submit all of the following to make a successful entry:
- ONE online application form
- ONE original hard copy of the endorsed concept proposal
- ONE scanned copy of the endorsed concept proposal
Submissions of (2) can be made by hand to Office of the Dean of Students (Room 5022, Lift 3) during office hours; (3) can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "President's Cup 2019 - Concept Proposal Submission".
ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5pm, 19 October, 2018 (Friday)
CONCEPT PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5pm, 2 November, 2018 (Friday)
All submissions should reach the Office of the Dean of Students by the deadline.